Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dad - Day 6 - Part 1

Well, dad is back in the OR now. He went back at about 830, as scheduled. We are camping out in the surgery waiting room , and have pretty much taken over a nice lil corner. Dad is severely out numbered by women, and if he had the ability he would be rolling his eyes about now.

When we saw him this morning, he was still on the sedation, and they had added a pain medication drip, so he looked much better. As soon as his sister, Carol, spoke to him, he turned his head to her quickly. We joked that we know who his favorite is. I joked and said we should manicure his eyebrows while he is asleep and he immediately turned his head away from me. Good to know Propofol and Fentanyl cannot tame his stubbornness!

While taking a potty break at about 920, I ran into the phyisician's assistant that is scrubbed in for his surgery. He said they hadn't started yet, but had a new central line and swan in and had been having a difficult time getting the a-line in. He said they were about to begin the actual surgery and that he still thought they would be out by noon....I held back my laugh out of respect, but really I do not think that they will be out in under 3 hours. We shall see though!

I will do multiple updates today, as both my mind and hands are hard to keep still, and I am sure that we will have periodic updates through the day.

And, as always.....thank you all for everything!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating!

    Glad things are finally underway, and I hope everything goes smoothly with no complications.

    Also, I'm with you, I wouldn't hold out much hope of them getting done on time. It very rarely ever seems to happen.

    Will keep stalking from afar, so keep those updates coming!

    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard will make it as our prayers are with you folks. Will splurge an light one candle at the drinking man's mass on Saturday. Have a list of projects for him to do as he will want to keep busy. Can he wire a train board,
    Milt & Sharon

    ReplyDelete